Inspirational quotes to read on the 31st death anniversary of Rajneesh aka Osho. Published by India Today on 19 January 2021.
Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, also known as Osho or Acharya Rajneesh, original name Chandra Mohan Jain, was born on December 11, 1931, Kuchwada (now in Madhya Pradesh) and died on January 19, 1990, in Pune. Osho was an Indian spiritual leader, a philosopher who preached the wide-ranging doctrine of Eastern mysticism, individual devotion, and sexual freedom.
Rajneesh learned from teachers of the various religious traditions prevalent in India during his young age. He earned a B.A. in philosophy at the University of Jabalpur in 1955. He started teaching in 1957 there, after completing an M.A. from the University of Saugar.
He had attained intense spiritual awakening at the age of 21 that inspired in him the belief that individual religious experience is the principal fact of spiritual life and these experiences cannot be aligned into a single belief system.
In 1966, Rajneesh gave resignation from his university post and headed to become a guru and a teacher of meditation. Though Osho died in 1990, his teachings and principles still continue to inspire people.
Therefore, read some inspirational quotes on the 31st death anniversary of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh aka Osho.
Inspirational Quotes by Osho
- Nobody is superior, nobody is inferior, but nobody is equal either. People are simply unique, incomparable. You are you, I am I.
- Meditation means undoing what society has done to you. It has reduced you to a machine; you have to de-automatise yourself, you have to become a man again. You have to come out of this state of unconsciousness, of mechanicalness. You have to come out of this sleep. It is possible only through meditation. There is no other way, there has never been, there will never be. The only way to reduce a man to a machine is take away his consciousness force him to function unconsciously. And just the opposite is the way of meditation: give him back his consciousness.
- Always remember to judge everything by your inner feeling of bliss.
- Anybody who gives you a belief system is your enemy, because the belief system becomes the barrier for your eyes, you cannot see the truth.
- Never sacrifice your life for anything! Sacrifice everything for life! Life is the ultimate goal.
- Withdraw your awareness from everywhere and just let it rest within yourself, and you have arrived home.
- My whole teaching consists of two words, meditation and love. Meditate so that you can feel immense silence, and love so that your life can become a song, a dance, a celebration.
- Listening means forgetting yourself completely – only then can you listen.
- Comparison is a very foolish attitude because each person is unique and incomparable. Once this understanding settles in you, jealousy disappears.
- Happiness is one pole, sadness is another. Blissfulness is one pole, misery is another. Life consists of both, and life is richer because of both. A life only of blissfulness will have an extension, but will not have depth. A life of only sadness will have depth, but will not have extension.