Sarita offers a few guidelines and tips about how to achieve radiant health
Some people have asked me to talk about Health, Longevity and Beauty and I will tackle the first part, Optimum Health, in this first instalment for Osho News. I have a lot of personal and professional experience in these areas, so here goes!
For optimum health, I have prepared a few guidelines regarding nutrition. We are what we eat, quite literally. It is really not a joke! A few years ago, I did a 21 day fast and silent meditation retreat. One of the most important things I discovered was, that as my body was purging toxic elements, I could taste on my tongue, all the nasty unhealthy things I had ever eaten in my whole life! It was all stored in the cellular memory and was affecting my body big time. Once these nasty elements had been expelled through the detox, I then began tasting all the wonderful things I had ever eaten which my body had greatly appreciated. At this point, I knew that my body had begun the process of literally eating its own resources and this meant the fasting had done its work. When I began eating again, very slowly, and consciously, the ecstasy was beyond the beyond. Just a sip of pure coconut water was divine beyond all imagining.
Helpful tips for radiant health
- Eat a light, nourishing breakfast, a large leisurely lunch, and a light supper, as regularly as this may be possible.
- Eat minimum 60% raw food. The exception to this rule is if you are in some places in Asia, such as India, where eating raw food could give you dangerous parasites, or Japan and China, where raw food is not part of their culture, and therefore difficult to find.
- The main meal should contain a minimum of 5 colours.
- Eat a wide variety of different vegetables, grains, nuts, seeds, herbs, spices, fruits and tastes.
- Drink enough high quality water to replenish the approximately 6 glasses lost each day through normal bodily functions.
- Begin drinking water first thing in the morning and then in-between meals.
- Eat organic whenever possible.
- Eat locally grown seasonal vegetables and fruits as much as possible.
- Eat whole grains, such as brown rice, wholemeal flour and Spelt or Kamut pasta.
- Get a juicer and make juices for life.
- If eating sweet foods, have these in-between meals, not with savoury dishes.
- Eat unsweetened live yoghurt or soy yoghurt, regularly.
- If eating dairy products, use these very sparingly and make sure they are organic.
- If eating meat or fowl eat it organic and use it as a condiment only.
- If eating fish, do so maximum 3 times per week and make sure it is organic or you know it was fished ethically and in clean water.
- Eat uncooked cold pressed oils which contain a balance of omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids.
- Eat a balance of 80% Alkaline, 20% Acidic foods.
- Chew your food slowly and thoroughly.
- Search out ‘super-foods’ and incorporate these into your diet, such as with a green smoothie in the morning.
- Become a detective in service of your own health and read all labels on anything packaged you buy.
Helpful tips how not to kill yourself or deaden your senses
- Avoid sugar like the plague and anything containing sugar, glucose, malt, corn syrup, and any other form of refined sugar.
- Don’t eat foods which have been cooked in oil as when oil is cooked it becomes dangerous for the health.
- Don’t use refined, processed oils.
- Don’t eat butter, margarine, crème, or heavily processed milk.
- Avoid refined flour.
- Avoid white rice or white pasta or any refined grain.
- Avoid coffee.
- Avoid anything containing MSG.
- Eat a minimum of garlic unless you are sick and need it for healing.
- Avoid anything with aspartame in it, such as most diet products.
- Avoid eating pesticides and irradiated foods.
- Don’t drink tap water unless it has been filtered and properly re-energized.
- Don’t think you are getting hydrated by drinking sodas, tea or water which has been boiled, you are not! Only fresh water or freshly squeezed juice hydrates our cells.
- Avoid all junk food.
- Avoid eating on the run.
- Don’t gulp food and swallow it whole like a dog or a snake.
- Throw away your microwave, since microwave food is like partaking of death itself.
- Don’t eat genetically modified foods.
- If the ingredients label on a food item is very long or has hidden terms you don’t understand, like any E combinations, don’t get it.
- Don’t think you have no power to change the food industry. The consumer has all the power.
If you have read this far, you may be thinking, “Oh my god, this is too much change! I can’t possibly go there! This is drastic! Of course all this is easier to ‘swallow’ when it is laid out slowly and explained in detail. I have written a whole book on this subject which is not yet published, but will be sometime soon I hope! Remember the ancient proverb, “a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” If you can assimilate even one of these nutritional tips after reading this newsletter, your body will thank you for it so much that you may come back looking for the next step! In this way, following your own rhythm, you can finally make your way to balanced nutrition and radiant health.
My general rule is, when giving up something; always replace it with something which gives equal, or even more pleasure and which will also enhance health.
A special note on water
Water is the source of human life. It bonds very deeply with stellar and lunar energies, and also carries the deep memory of the whole creation of life on earth. The earth itself is impregnated with this memory and water flows through earth, absorbing and transmitting this memory. In order for water to transmit its message of life, it needs to breathe. This is very important. If it cannot breathe, it will die. It is a living element. It also needs to be activated, to move, in a dynamic swirling pattern, which mimics the act of creation and de-creation, the dance of life. There are many devices on the market to filter and then re-energize water and there are also drops you can buy, called Crystal Energy developed by Dr. Patrick Flanigan which will help your water to be life enhancing. Tachyon water chargers and disks also help to cleanse and charge water with source energy.
For those who would like a detox retreat, either with fasting or with raw food, I can recommend: Hawaii Naturalpathic Retreat Center with Maya Baylac, the Tree of Life with Gabriel Cousens and Niten’s Raw Food Retreats.
Read on Beauty and Longevity next month here on Osho News…
Originally posted on Sarita’s personal blog: tantra-essence.com/blog
Read Sarita’s story how she travelled to India and met Osho: In Search of the Essence of Life
Sarita met Osho in Mumbai in 1973 and shortly afterwards received sannyas. She spent the next 26 years in his communes where she worked cleaning Osho’s house, as a medium in energy darshan, in the PR department and as a holistic healer. Osho gave her the title ‘Mahasatvaa’ meaning ‘keeper of esoteric wisdom’. Since 1997 she has been teaching Tantra, holistic healing and meditation across the world. She lives in England and France. www.tantra-essence.com