Osho No-Mind

Healing & Meditation

How Satbodha discovered this meditative therapy which he is now also facilitating.

The plane departed. I was riveted to my seat, bent over to look out the window and observe with relief the tarmac slowly disappear. I was on my way to Pune where rested my hope of getting my sanity back. For seven years I had not been to the Osho Commune, as it was called then. In fact, I had almost forgotten it existed; my love affair with my spiritual master Osho a distant memory. I had now been married, been into the world, been successful. Had a nice house, a gorgeous wife, the envy of many.

Then how did I end up calling 911 (the emergency service) in the middle of the night?

Operator: “What is the emergency, sir?”

“I need help, madam. I need to talk to a psychologist.”

Operator: “Sir, are you about to commit suicide?”

“No, madam…”

“Sorry, wrong number!” murmured candidly the voice at the other end of the line.


At that very moment, no kidding, Osho appeared in my mind with his loving eyes and a very sweet grin shining on his face. I knew it. It was another one of his magic jokes.

His appearance on the scene of my misery was quite a relief. I had just lost my wife to my neighbor, got the divorce papers within hours, my high-end jewelry store was in foreclosure. And the lawyers, oh my god, the war… I dived into depression for weeks, stopped eating and stopped drinking. Was I going to join my brother Paul at the nearby psychiatric hospital? That idea sent shivers into my skin.

Seeing Osho’s eyes I realized that I had become a prisoner of my own mind and that this mind was driving my emotions like a tyrant. And because of this I was in suffering, non-stop day and night. The only relief I got was when I did these three meditations daily: Dynamic, Kundalini, silent sitting. But that relief was more like a balm on a deep wound. I had to do something more drastic. I had to fly to the only real help I knew I could find. And that which I foresaw was at the Osho Meditation Resort in Pune, India.

After many excruciating hours the plane did finally land at Mumbai airport and I made it safely to Pune. I will always remember and cherish the memory of walking into the Resort’s Welcome Center the following day and the relaxation I felt knowing that I had nothing to do any longer, just to relax and be there, and that everything would be taken care of. Wonderful Krishna welcomed me with open arms, ready to listen to what I had to say about my pain and suggested I do a process that would ultimately transform my being: the Osho No-Mind meditative therapy.

I was ripe for it, that’s for sure.

The process was held within Lao-Tzu House, in a large circular room designed first to be Osho’s bedroom and, after he left his body, went on to become his samadhi. After his passing away, aware not to turn it into a holy sanctuary, the direction of the Resort decided to use the room for different purposes such as meditations, intimate live concerts and meditative therapies like Osho No-Mind.

The room is quite impressive with all its marble and the light flooding in from large and tall windows that surround it. We must have been about twenty participants plus the two facilitators. It was interesting to see that, contrary to almost all meditations and therapies, the facilitators also participated in the program. This was important for my process because I felt responsible for my own engagement and as an added bonus no one was there to judge me. My involvement had to be total only to match my despair, I decided.

The process lasted for seven consecutive days, two hours per day. In the first hour we talked gibberish. That is, we speak a language we do not understand. In this process we can move around or stay sitting and express energetically what is happening in us in that moment. I say ‘us’ because it is as much a collective energy happening as it is a personal one. One may start to talk gibberish and then those around catch on and progressively it becomes a choir of volatile expression and madness. It is total and seems at times endless.

After this hour of intense verbal expression one becomes totally exhausted. I was amazed how easily and quickly silence came when we all sat down in a still position, closed our eyes and started meditating. This part is called Silent Sitting and also lasts an hour. You sit in a comfortable but still position and you watch what is happening. This is the moment I like to call ‘fast-track to my inner self’ because I discovered that, after all that mind activity, resting and going within are happening quite fast. At this point either I dive in my inner core or I make my own movie or I feel the emptiness, the void. Whatever goes on in my mind, all I do is remain alert and watchful. I become the observer. The process lasts seven days, each day being different collectively and personally.

By the end of the process I came to an amazing realization: I could no longer identify with the drama which had brought me to Pune in the first place. Instead, it became clear to me that life was a wonderful event to be part of, and to accept its pain was also a way to live with gratitude.

In coming home within, I had come home altogether.

I had found myself.

SatbodhaSatbodha was born and raised in the French speaking part of Canada, Québec. He came to India in the early seventies and took sannyas. He participated in many groups in Pune 1, became an active member of the Vancouver and Montréal sannyas centers in the 80’s. He returned to Pune in 1989 where he worked as a guard/gate watcher for a long period. He now travels yearly to Pune and Europe. www.meditationintegree.com

Satbodha will co-facilitate Osho No-Mind in Canada this summer (28 June – 5 July 2015). This meditative therapy is also held monthly at the Osho Meditation Resort in Pune, India.

Comments are closed.