An announcement from Milarepa. Event dates: 26-28 February 2021.
I am happy to announce our next event! I have been collaborating with the band on it since early last December. It has been a lot of work. But also, a LOT of fun. Now at last, it is ready to share.
It will be in an “evening” format this time, what is sometimes referred to as the “Osho White Robe Brotherhood” or “Evening Meeting”.
Evening Satsang with the Master is unique in that it is the last meditation Osho created before he left-the-body. It also happens to be the only Osho meditation that was created using live music. And, it happens to be one of my favorite meditations! For me, there is no greater feeling than being in Buddha Hall, or an event, in full celebration mode with the music reaching for the stars. Osho! Osho! Osho! Then, relaxing with the soft music and gaps, only to be brought back to the body by three explosive drumbeats, does it become effortless to slip into silence while listening to Osho.
These are indeed challenging times, but this is something guaranteed to lift one’s spirits. I have a wonderful group of musicians onboard, a dynamite band for sure, that will rock your socks off. The meditation will include some wonderful Osho discourses. And there will be a short Sannyas Celebration at the end (for anyone wishing to take the jump, contact me at email@example.com). It will be a one-of-a-kind tribute to the master, a joyous international gathering of friends and meditators, and — a super celebration!
The events will be shared via Zoom, four times over three days, on the weekend of February 26-28, so that everyone around the world will have an opportunity to enjoy. Each streaming will feature a different discourse. Please note the links below, and choose a date and time convenient (it is fine to join more than one).
Finally, I want to acknowledge Tarangita from The Netherlands (who works with Osho’s discourses on Dutch cable tv) for lighting the spark in me to go for it. Everyone is welcome!
Atmo – trumpet
Chandira – vocals
Chintan – bass, tablas
Dhwani – tin whistle
Nadama – keyboards
Nandin – flute
Milarepa – guitar, vocals
Rishi – drums
Sudhananda – guitar, vocals
Update 26.2.2021: Second session will be on Saturday (it was marked Friday by mistake)
- Milarepa: Osho’s Bard – Punya interviews Milarepa about his life as a song-writer and musician (2011)
- When music keeps calling… – Nadama talks about his journey to music and to meeting Osho. (Part 1 – 2019)
- The ‘time with the drum’ – An interview with pianist and composer Nadama (Part 2 – 2019)
- Sudhananda – The pure beauty of music – Sudhananda talks in this Love Osho podcast about how the music for Osho was composed and how creativity was the essential element permeating every aspect of the communal living around Osho. (2020)
- For more articles see tags below