An online meditation retreat with Videha, 25 February – 4 March, based on Osho’s commentary on Atisha’s teaching of the Seven Points of Mind Training.
Another opportunity to participate in an intense one-week meditation retreat with Videha. Although it’s held online, each participant is still benefited from the collective energy of the sangha and has the possibility to receive individual clarification on questions related to the meditation process.
The retreat will consist of a Zoom session (1-2 hours) and a WhatsApp group meeting with Videha every day. The participants are also asked to practice the suggested Osho meditations during this week. Meditation material to facilitate and support the understanding of the process are all provided.
The workshop is based on Osho’s commentary and explanation of the XI-century Tibetan text of Atisha, Seven Points of Mind Training (Lo Jong) (Pha-chos Bu-chos):
These Seven Points of Mind Training are the fundamental teaching that Atisha gave to Tibet. They are of immense value. They are the whole of religion condensed. They are like seeds, but they contain the infinite. The moment you move into the statements deeply, when you contemplate and meditate and start experimenting with them, you will be surprised, you will be going into the greatest adventure of your life…
Meditate on Atisha, listen to His advice; they are of immense value. It is not a philosophy, it is a manual to discipline yourself, it is a manual of inner transformation…
These sutras are golden. Keep them in your heart, they will nourish you, they will strengthen you, they will transform you…
It is the teaching that can help you grow into Wisdom.
Osho (excerpted from The Book of Wisdom discourses series)
25 February – 4 March 2023
Daily Zoom session (duration: 1.5 to 2 hours)
Eastern (USA): 8:30 am (New York)
Chile: 10:30 am
Italy: 2:30 pm
Turkey: 4:30 pm
India: 7:00 pm
Taiwan: 9:30 pm
Korea: 10:30 pm
- There will be a zoom meeting daily at 8:30am EDT (other time zones see list above).
- Every participant is required to listen to an Osho discourse from The Book of Wisdom series daily. The discourses are the very ground and essence of the retreat.
- Participants will be added to a dedicated WhatsApp group where all the discourses will be posted along with additional material pertaining to the retreat.
- Participants will be suggested to practice a few meditations every day, at a time that is convenient to them.
It’s essential to participate in the daily online meeting. In case for some reason you cannot attend the zoom meeting you will receive a link to the recording and you can watch it when possible. Commitment is essential.
- The preliminaries
- “Tong-len” (“Giving and Taking” in Tibetan), also known as “Heart Meditation”
- The rising of Bodhicitta (Buddha Consciousness)
- The base of mind’s functioning and the illusion of the ego
- The four bodies (Kaya)
- The essential meaning of witnessing
- The difficulties and the fundamental points of the process of awareness
- The meaning of “Compassion” and “Wisdom”
- The transcendental function of the five senses
- The “Three principal causes” and “The three treasures”
- The authentic and true meaning of “Freedom”
An introducion by Videha:
- Seven Points of Mind Training – Indra takes part in a workshop based on Atisha’s meditations, run by Videha
Videha had been a disciple of Osho since 1980. Initiated into the Mevlevi Sufi Order of Konya (The Whirling Dervishes), Videha integrates the Sufi Path into Osho’s vision and love. For years as a Zazen meditation practitioner, he has traveled and trained in Mongolia, China, Central Asia, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Tibet, where he has received many initiations. He has been facilitating groups, seminars, camps and meditation retreats all over the world for more than 30 years, uniting the path of Love with the path of Meditation. pilgrimsofemptiness.com